Friday 1 March 2013

Librarything: A pleasant trip to the past


It was a completely new concept to me. I signed up on there and set myself a little task; to add all the books I can remember from my bookshelf when I was in Iran and the ones I recently read that made an impact on me. The challenge was on and the more I added the more I remembered and with it came a sense of Nostalgia and all the memories that were attached to that particular book. By doing that I remembered a particular enjoyable read that me and my sister used to follow up on these weekly magazines called “Roshanfekr” (translates to “Intellectual”) that my dad printed during 30s-50s and collected them all. It was a collection of macabre and supernatural stories by the celebrated author Alexandre Dumas.
Librarything triggered me to go and do a bit of research to see if I can find it and to my surprise I did . It has only been translated into English recently and I was lucky enough to find a copy on Amazon, here’s the cover of the French copy:

Also here’s a link to my account, feel free to have a look and add me on there. It would be interesting to know what books we have in common:

1 comment:

  1. Like your list of books Azadeh, some real classics in there - many which I've seen as films or tv adaptations, but haven't actually read - Jane Eyre and Rebecca are fantastic stories so I really should read them. Only two we share are Orwell's classics: Animal farm and 1984.

    Another good post, I'm aiming to do some work on mine tomorrow and I'm particularly looking forward to Library Thing having read your post, hoping it triggers similar memories and connections for me too!

    ReplyDelete