Wednesday 23 January 2013

1984

I've been working on my blog for the last couple of days. Just a bit of exploring and experimenting with different functions. I like the fact that it's so customisable, it gives me to the option to make it as "goth" as possible ;-)
However today I found a brand new feature on it that makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. Under your name on the main page it tells you how many people have viewed your blog and when you click on it you can see what part of world they logged in from and even what browser they used. How very 1984 by George Orwell. It makes me feel very exposed. Considering I have played around with the privacy settings and allegedly I have removed my blog to appear in search engines, it's surprising to see that people from America and Germany have been viewing my blog!


4 comments:

  1. Really like the look of your blog Azadeh.

    It is a bit spooky that anyone from anywhere around the world can see your blog. Although Jo, my son, was very excitied that someone from the Ukraine had visited his blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. It is indeed exciting, I guess from a more positive point of view it does make the world feel like a smaller place.
      I do love the pictures that Alison took on your blog. I wish I had a proper camera

      Delete
  2. It was a special joint Christmas/birthday present - Ali really enjoys photography, bit of a passion. I'm pretty useless - point and shoot without much thought, so I'll probably be cheating and pinching more of her pics throughout the Sot23 programme.

    Your blog looks really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a wonderful present Nick. I'm looking forward to see more pictures :)

      Delete